Format Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Simpson

Dear Phil, et al; You asked for feedback, and I know there are always kinks, but I find the new layout a bit more difficult to use. Specifically, keeping track of whether you are reading a post or a response is hard, and the linkage between the two graphically is easy to lose when scrolling. The LOOK is vastly improved. Is there a link to My HOW Forum so we can see an index?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Good input

The colors and graphics of posta and replies are more similar than they were before. I made a change in the reply format just now, adding the title of the original article to the blue bar at the top. When in doubt, look up there to see if you're in an article or a reply. You can also tell in the nav box with all the links in it - the replies say "Next Reply". I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "the linkage between the two graphically is easy to lose when scrolling." Not sure what you mean by linkage. If you could try to describe this another way for me, I'd really like to know more about the problem. It's probably very easy to fix. Regarding My HOW, you can find a link to it on the home page (at the top of the fourm list) and in the nav bars that say "Press here to change forum." Be advised, though, that there is no fourm there until you create one. You have to select your forum preferences, then it shows them to you. If you follow the links it should be self-explanatory. Something as heavily-used and as complex as these forums will take some time to perfect. Letting me know about anything you find confusing will help me get them fine tuned that much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.