Early Music Instruments

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Anyone else interested in or playing early music instruments? I'm finally recommissioning my Renaissance lute, 7 course. I never played it, though I played classical guitar. Looking forward to this, waiting for my new string set and gut for frets to arrive.

2023-05-27 10.09.22.jpg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I enjoy making and playing Native American style flutes. easy to take lake sailing with me as I always anchor out in a cove somewhere where the acoustics are good
Myrtlewood with eastern red cedar accents
unnamed-3.jpg

Redwood burl with maple accents and walnut "bird".
unnamed-4.jpg

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Yale has a great museum full of early musical instruments on Hillhouse Avenue, next to my engineering lab. A curator gave us a great tour some years back. You would really enjoy it, I’m sure.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
My kind of vintage! $$$ yikes
Nice. Are those yours? I have a few guitars, including a nice MIM Strat, a Rickenbacker 360-12, and about four or five acoustics, both classical and steel strung.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
I wish. No... they are listings in Reverb dot com. Both pics are linked to the listings. check the prices.
Yikes! That's crazy. If you "collect," sure. If you want to make music, totally silly. A well made, well set-up Mexican strat is as good as a strat gets.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Yikes! That's crazy. If you "collect," sure. If you want to make music, totally silly. A well made, well set-up Mexican strat is as good as a strat gets.
I agree.