Barrier coat c25

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
First two coats of interprotect 2000e on my c25. For those who want to know, 1 gallon equals 2 coats.
I will go back in a couple hours and put on another coat

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Must be nice to be rich and effluent in a nice, fancy, covered work area as you show :oops: . I can remember while I was working on mine, I think it rained every other day after a long dry spell.

IF YOU ARE MOORED YEAR ROUND

Don't forget to adhere tightly to the time requirements for the first bottom coat (I know you have) and make sure you use a tracer coat first. That's how I was able to last seven years between my last and previous ablative only bottom coats. A quick scan of the bottom when on a half haul out and you know exactly if you're safe for another year with your bottom coat.

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
Must be nice to be rich and effluent in a nice, fancy, covered work area as you show :oops: . I can remember while I was working on mine, I think it rained every other day after a long dry spell.

IF YOU ARE MOORED YEAR ROUND

Don't forget to adhere tightly to the time requirements for the first bottom coat (I know you have) and make sure you use a tracer coat first. That's how I was able to last seven years between my last and previous ablative only bottom coats. A quick scan of the bottom when on a half haul out and you know exactly if you're safe for another year with your bottom coat.
Effluent and affluent have very different meanings.... I am neither. I am fortunate to have this storage building to use during the busy season when it isn't full of boats. You too can rent a bay in for a mere $100/month.

If you talking about laying down an odd colored coat of ablative first, I considered it. In the end I just ordered black though. Hopefully a touch up or quick recoat every winter or two will suffice.

Last edited: