Attention Ky 170 Sailors

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Edwin M

I've noticed that there are at least 4 Ky 170 sailors that post on this forum. Thought it might be interesting to get together. Port Oliver Yacht Club on Barren River Reservoir is having a regatta on May 19th and 20th if any one would be interested in attending. The form is posted on their website with fees, etc.

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Dang it!! I'll be out of town.....

Edwin, I will be in Las Vegas that week in training. I am not scheduled to be back in town until Sunday!! I do however want to get together with the rest of the 170 sailers in KY. Maybe we can try a different day? Tim Hayes

J

JCD

B.G. Regatta

That sounds like a great idea. Bowling Green is my hometown (now live in Lexington). Port Oliver is a great little club. I may be able to make the trip. For those that love BBQ (saw an Owensboro post), there used to be a great little hole in the wall BBQ joint on the corner, right across from Port Oliver. Doesn't compare to Old hickory or Moonlite, but they do make a mean BBQ sandwich.

D

Dale

Ky Sailors

We are have sailing class on the lake Sat. at 1 grab the boat and come down to try it out and meet some people.

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Still want to meet you all

All, Even though I can't make the one in May, I would still like for us to get together some this season. Tim

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
How about May 26th at Barren River

All Kentucky 170 Sailors, How about we meet at Barren River on Saturday May 26 for a day of sailing. Let me know if you all are interested. Tim

D

Dale

Ky Sailors

That will be 3 weekends in a row Ill be out there. Ill try where and when?

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Place and Time

Dale, You done a lot of sailing on Barren. What boat ramp do you think would be best for us to meet at? My first thought would be Peninsula boat ramp, but if you know a better place let me know. As for a time I suggest about 9:00 AM. Here again, I am open to ideas. Tim

D

Dale

sailing

well if I go we can meet at port olive and sail from there. Bring family and lunch and make a real nice day of it Ill probably be camping there anyway since it will be memorial day weekend.

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Can you verify that we can use Port Oliver

Dale, Using Port Oliver would be great. I would like to see the place and maybe meet some of the people there anyway. Do you need to verify or schedule with them in any way? I would like to repost this as a new post so everyone will see it, but I want to be sure of the location and time first. Let me know, Tim

D

Dale

Port

Well if your there as my guest there is no problem with us using the grounds. I see no problem with the h170 s coming down to sail and meet the other members that might be there. As you know I am a member.

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Okay, I'll post the invitation...

Dale, I will start a new post stating that we are going to meet at Port Oliver on Saturday, May 26 at about 9:00 am for a day of sailing and I'll see about bringing my grill and we can cook out afterward. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.