Adding a pod the Helm

Apr 27, 2020
HUNTER 31O DEALE, MD
Hello, looking for some advice on how to add a pod the the helm of a 1999 H 310. any pictures of success would be helpful.

I was hoping to add them with these scansions, but they are 13" and the pods are 12".

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I've looked at this and measured it up on my '99 H-310 for years on end but never bothered with it.

My plan was to fabricate a new the grab bar with the vertical height to accept a pod. Part of the reason to keep it in one piece was for the necessary strength :

1699811562640.png

A little more work than the vertical bars you show but you would be able to clearly see your current instruments without obstruction.

Apr 27, 2020
HUNTER 31O DEALE, MD
I've looked at this and measured it up on my '99 H-310 for years on end but never bothered with it.

My plan was to fabricate a new the grab bar with the vertical height to accept a pod. Part of the reason to keep it in one piece was for the necessary strength :

View attachment 221345

A little more work than the vertical bars you show but you would be able to clearly see your current instruments without obstruction.
I have not found anyone locally to fabricate. we also like the gray bar. LOL

Nov 15, 2023
Hunter 326 Portsmouth UK
I have fixed different pods to my 326 over the years I am based in UK so not sure if the are available to ship but I regularly ship from states so shouldnt be problem. Of course there may be similar companies locally who you can locate with similar products.
I've used both Marine pod a UK based company (https://interform-marine.co.uk/marine-pod/) and Scanstrut (Scanpods Mount for Sail Boat) which provide various iterations of marine pods that can be fixed in various way to the helm. Hopefully image may assist you, Pod extends slightly beyond central helm but has never been an issue or impeeded sailing access.

Attachments