Wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2011
Catalina Catalina Moss Landing
Does anybody out there have the AC and DC wiring schematic for a 30ft Catalina sailboat circa 1979? We recently acquired one that had an AC wiring fire. Need to do a complete rewiring of the boat.....................Pam

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try www.catalina30.com.

But you might want to consider that AC stuff has improved over the years since 1979, and doing it from scratch would be a good idea to use more modern standards.

Calder's Boatowners Manual for Mechanical and Electrical Systems is a great reference.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
Pam;

I know the Catalina 30 website has the original wiring diagram for an average Cat. 30.

I've found a few 'after market' wiring diagrams for Catalina 30's, most were done after a rewiring job and are specific to each boat.

I included mine and a few that I used as help during my rewiring project. Mine may not be up to standards, but it gets the job done and I'm sure someone elses would understand it.

Good luck
Chris

on a side note, the one I included of my new engine panel shows an ammeter. I took that out and replaced with a voltmeter. So the wiring on the diagram now goes to the house reserve to measure that bank...

Attachments

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
I second the idea of re-doing it. Catalina is still in business and they are usually very helpful if you contact them!

Status
Not open for further replies.