What is this used for?

Dec 7, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Annapolis
I can't seem to figure out the intended use of the little recessed cubby in the middle of the table with the 3 holes and storage compartment? It looks to be built for a specific purpose. On my boat, one of the 3 circle cutouts has a candle in it but I doubt that was the intended purpose.

Attachments

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
It was Hunter's attempt to play to the euro-fashion of dedicated wine storage.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
The Hunter 34 has dedicated wind storage behind the Nav station. There is nothing in that table cubbie that would hold a bottle of wine or anything like it.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Maybe you are supposed to put a small trash can under the table... and that is the access port.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
It is to keep the table settings from going on the floor when ya heel over ! and space for salt/pepper/Siriracha!.. Knife/fork/spoon in little holes.. Closed and stuff removed when not eating underway..
I don't know either!

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
I use mine for playing cards, batteries and matches

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I'm think I'm going to use it for a Mini Bar. Three shot glasses in the round areas and mini liquor bottles in the rectangular area. :)
Great idea! Mini-bar!

I've been thinking about this for hours...got nothing better to do after work. How about a charging station for cell phones or other hand helds? Holes could be for cord pass-through and organizer. You should see what my nav table looks like with three cells and two tablets hooked up...birds nest with projectiles attached!

Jan 23, 2017
Hunter 34 Channel Islands Marina
I believe the intended use was for playing cards and the 3 holes are for poker chips. At least that's I use mine.

Dec 7, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Annapolis
Getting a good laugh out of all of the uses and ideas. Forgot to take a good picture the last time I was at the boat but I was able to find one online.

Attachments

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
It looks like the designer has something very specific in mind; doesn't it? Maybe smokes and matches?