"what happened to the app???"

Oct 13, 2015
Seidelmann Seidelmann 25 Virginia
I'm in several forums (my first week here). I'm also an avid aquarium fish breeder and motorcyclist. :D. I always use the browser on my galaxy note 4 (android ) using the instructions posted by isaksp00. Much cleaner than apps. This forum isn't built for Android but it works very well and is clear on my Screen compared to others.

Oct 13, 2015
Seidelmann Seidelmann 25 Virginia
I have a 95 HD Roadking and a 2015 HD breakout. They're both being sold though. I'm cutting down on expenses so I can start a 5 year plan of being a live aboard transient cruiser. I just purchased a seidelmann 25 to get me back in the groove, 3 years to get a bigger, better equipped boat and then 2 years from then, I'm cutting ties with land... hopefully. :D

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I just sold one of my pair this year, but at least you're doing it for a good cause!

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
So yeah, for what it's worth.....all you folks out there that are just 'lurking', sign up! I see all the time where a hundred or more view the posts, and often wonder who all these people are. This forum is not like others I've seen where a new person or idea gets 'beat up on'. It's why I'm here, the only forum besides an Ericson forum, true class and civility here. Except me of course..

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Just a heads up, There's a app called "tapatalk" that is fully supported and supports xenforo.
It requires a plugin to be installed on the webserver.
https://tapatalk.com/start-here.php

It now supports RSS feeds and Wordpress too.
The free mobile app runs on IOS and Android.
It might help generate revenue for the site, and keep the app users happy.

FWIW: I love the dynamic website and don't really need the app.
That said, I have a bunch of other sites I go to that I access via the tapatalk app. This way all my forums are in one single app, and I get updates from all of them in that single place without needing email updates to be sent to me.

No commercial affiliation. I'm just a happy tapatalk user.

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I'm up for trying Tapatalk again subject to some investigation. They had pretty serious security issues at one time that caused problems for the hosting sites, as I understand it. Also, IMHO, the interface was fairly awful, but that was in comparison to our old app which is irrelevant to the discussion now. I'll look into it, LW, thanks!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I do know they switched the tapatalk app to "free" recently and the interface has changed.
I didn't use it before so I can't compare the UI design.
Interesting about previous security issues. With luck they learned from it. It's not like you guys need more hassles.
It's not like it's something that needs to be rushed, even if you decide to support it. Better to check it out fully and then do some testing, than cause hassles for your team and the forum users. And, again, it's not really needed anyhow. The new dynamic site is great.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I have to admit, I haven't checked out TPT in several years. When I did it trashed the CSS in the forum, but that was a result of my hacks rather than theirs. :yikes: I think this forum works great on mobile as-is, but the more ways we give people to participate, the better! I'm sure it's a simple add-on and I'll check into the security issues and see when and how it happened. I had forgotten about it, frankly, and I appreciate the suggestion!

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
the All forums All discussions is showing a server error when i try to use it ...just letting you know

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
now it's working ...i tryed it on my iphone and my desktop with windows before and neither one would work

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
we gotta stop meeting like this........ the problem is back so i am going to chalk it up to ironing out the buggs

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
Here's an odd sorta question; can we somehow change the shortcut icon on the screen to something besides zenForo? Not that it's any big deal at all, just curious if it could be done..

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Here's an odd sorta question; can we somehow change the shortcut icon on the screen to something besides zenForo? Not that it's any big deal at all, just curious if it could be done..
Sorry, I actually did that when we first went live at the suggestion of Davidasailor26, then I uploaded it to the wrong folder. :banghead: It is working now (on my iPhone, anyway). Not sure if you need to re-save the favorite or if your device will pick up the change.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I wondered the same thing. But being the mild-mannered low key kinda guy I am I chose not to stir the pot. ;-)

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Sorry, I actually did that when we first went live at the suggestion of Davidasailor26, then I uploaded it to the wrong folder. :banghead: It is working now (on my iPhone, anyway). Not sure if you need to re-save the favorite or if your device will pick up the change.
Looks fixed now. I did have to remove the old icon and re-add it. Thanks Phil!

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Weird. My iPad automatically changed to the old icon last night, but my iPhone still has XenForo. Hmmmm......