Water tank monitor wiring

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I bought this tank monitor system for the fresh and waste tanks on our C310. http://levelguardproducts.com/marine-rv/marine-multi-tank-monitor.php I like that you don't have to calibrate it, since it uses 4 sensors per tank. Hopefully it will work well.

Wondering about the best way to get the wires from the water tank to the electric panel. Following the hose to the bilge is pretty tight, and chafe prone. I couldn't see any other way, however. Once in the bilge it doesn't seem to bad to follow the bilge pump wiring.

If you've done this I'd love to hear what you did.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Just a suggestion, Follow the hose, but put it in conduit where the chafe issues are prevalent. Then you can exit the conduit and tie to the other wiring.

Nov 16, 2012
Just a suggestion, Follow the hose, but put it in conduit where the chafe issues are prevalent. Then you can exit the conduit and tie to the other wiring.
The hose goes through a few spots in a conduit already, which would be great, but I'm not sure I can fit the wire in with it.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I took the tank out and applied the pads to the tank. Then took the drawers out from under the forward berth and then ran the wires through the bilge. I put the panel at the nav station.

The freshwater works great but no joy on the waste tank.

Good luck

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
I took the tank out and applied the pads to the tank. Then took the drawers out from under the forward berth and then ran the wires through the bilge. I put the panel at the nav station.

Good luck
How did you hold that heavy mattress up in order to remove fresh water tank?
Just wondering.

Clyde Thorington
C310 #245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Nov 16, 2012

Good luck
I installed a waste tank sensor on the C27 we owned before this. Worked great. What problems have you had with your? Maybe I can avoid them!!

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I think the waste tank is too thick for those sensors. I thought it was "stuff" coating the inside of the tank but cleaned the tank really well with no change.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I think the waste tank is too thick for those sensors. I thought it was "stuff" coating the inside of the tank but cleaned the tank really well with no change.
My sensors worked fine on both the fresh water and holding tanks. I would recommend to whoever is going to install the pads on their tanks, mount the top sensor about 1" below the top of the tank. I installed the pads on my tanks right at the top and the tanks are usually full before the gauge actually reads full.

Nov 16, 2012
My sensors worked fine on both the fresh water and holding tanks. I would recommend to whoever is going to install the pads on their tanks, mount the top sensor about 1" below the top of the tank. I installed the pads on my tanks right at the top and the tanks are usually full before the gauge actually reads full.
Tom, were you able to put the pads (I assume you did 3-4 pads, rather than the strips) on the fresh water tank without removing it? I've only been in there once so I don't recall how much clearance there is.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I didn't remove the tank, but I wouldn't say it was easy to get in there. Actually, now that you mention it, I did use the strips.