V-Birth Sheets for Catalina 310

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
I see that SBO has V-birth sheets for sale, has anyone ordered these for the C310? I am not near the boat to take measurements, so I cannot decide which size is best. I think the XL will be the correct size. And if you have ordered these sheets, do they fit without bunching up on the sides and are you happy with them? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I am not near the boat to take measurements
Dave, if you have the brochure, you can scale it off. If you don't have the brochure, you can download and print it out from the CY website under Archived Brochures.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Vee berth sheets won't work for the C310. It's a custom shape. The best option is actually standard queen sheets. Or to make or have made custom sheets. We have two sets of custom sheets but mostly just use queen sheets now as the customs are pretty old or flannel, which doesn't work in the Caribbean.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
We make our own from thrift store king size. It is nice to have the pockets at the ends and sides for the bottom sheet and the pocket at the end for the top sheet. Even if you can't sew you can cut and safety pin to fit and then get someone to sew them for you. Make several sets while you are at it.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Thanks for all the above info. We have a neighbor that can sew, guess we will cut/pin and cross our fingers.

Cheers

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I actually spent the money and ordered the sheets from Catalina that are made specifically for the fore and aft berths on the C310. It was A LOT of money. However, we'd been using cheap Queen sheets from Target on both and no one in the family wanted to sleep on the boat due to the poor quality. Once we purchased the new sheets, the kids now ask to sleep on the boat as they are way, way more comfortable.