OEM stove/oven/range for mid-30' Hunters?

Apr 5, 2016
Hunter 33.5 Grapevine, TX
Hi all,
The prior owner of my 1989 Hunter 33.5 removed the oven/stove/range and there is currently a big open space where it used to be. Living in Texas and being on a lake I am considering just installing a small refrigerator in that spot, but I like the idea of being able to spend the night and cook breakfast the old fashioned way. It looks like there are two gimbal points installed in the side of the space where the stove would mount. Does anyone have any idea what the make/model of the OEM stove/ovens is? Or there are any popular aftermarket ones people upgrade to?
Also would be curious if anyone has installed a refrigerator in place of the oven, what model and size you went with which fit.
Thanks,
'Dubs

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hey Dubs, our 1991 model boat came equipped with a Force 10 three burner CNG stove with oven and we use it all the time while cruising. They also make a two burner size, which may fit your gimbal bracket.

http://www.force10.com/gas_gimballed_2burner.html

They likely make a propane version that is more common among us boaters. Does your boat have a spot for a CNG tank that was common on your vintage boat? A bit more complicated using propane as your fuel source.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Take note that CNG portable tanks filling stations are rapidly dwindling and it would not be a good investment to install a CNG system at this time. The sensible choices are Propane ($$$) or non-pressurized alcohol stoves ($). We have used a single burner butane stove in the past and they have proved very adequate for breakfast and limited cooking. Although gimbaled stoves are a requirement in open seas we find that in protected waters a fixed stoves does fairly well. I would stay away from propane camping stoves for safety reasons but if on a budget I would recommend a two burner alcohol stove to sit atop a dorm size refrigerator.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Our boat came with an Origo model 6000 range. Two-burner top and separate oven. NON-pressure alcohol. Ultra Simple and safe, and we have been cooking and baking with it for over 20 years.
Top quality ss construction, plus no need for external tank and hose schemes and all of the remote control and sensor alarms that would be needed for an LPG installation.

If starting with an empty galley space, you should look into this. Just measure your distance between sides to be sure that the gimbals will function correctly. It's normal for a spacer block to be installed on each side for any particular brand of stove or range.
Your boat is large enough to deserve and use a real galley range. Once you get used to cooking on it, you'll wonder why you ever hesitated. :)

Bon Appetit !