Jolly Roger

Oct 13, 2013
Beneteau 37 Oceanis Platinum Edition Seabrook, TX
I see it all the time in Galveston Bay. Just try to maintain proper flag etiquette when you do. I.e. US Ensign etc.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Our "Cheney Pirates" - the catamaran sailors - fly them all the time.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
well if you must be a follower....... then you're not much of a pirate. There are numerous other topic flags you can fly that might better express your personal tastes. Religion, work, hobbies, drinking...... lots of stuff

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
MacGregor 26D COUR D ALENE
Mmm really not much of a follower.judt new t the whole sailor thing and was trying to be courteous... I LL stop now ...Lol......( Humor not snide)

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
We fly one every time in the BVI. No harm, no foul, lots of fun. We can generally spot our boat easier in congested mooring fields. Of course there always seems to be some crew garments drying on the safety line as well. Usually mount the flag on the port side halyard below the spreader. The British flag of the rental is on starboard side.

IMG_0026.JPG

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Looks to me that a lot experienced sailors do this....Jus saying...
Everyone I know would be embarrassed by a JR, be aware that a lot of people are laughing at you, not "with" you....Jus saying....

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Everyone I know would be embarrassed by a JR, be aware that a lot of people are laughing at you, not "with" you....Jus saying....
BMA presents fun with flags:
IMG_0487.JPG

Your opinions matter...your criticism does not! If everyone you know would be embarrassed, perhaps you should meet some new people.

Last edited: