Hunter 29.5 Guzzler Manual Pump

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
Hunter 29.5 Marina Del Rey
Hi Guys,
The Guzzler pump on my 29.5 is broken. See attached pic. Does anyone know if this was an original item or was added on later? Has anyone replaced theirs? If so what is the part number? Thanks in advance!

Elie

Attachments

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Cannot tell from the picture. If it has the capability of being operated from the cockpit then it is likely a factory installed item.

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
Thanks Benny, it is located in the rear Starboard cockpit hatch. Looks original. I can't find a model number on it to order replacement...

Attachments

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
thanks Dave! is there a way to look up which one I need for the 1995 Hunter 29.5 or do I need to just go measure?

Thanks again! Elie

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Hey Elie,

I would measure the hose size to be sure! Yours is a Guzzler, according to Hunter records the original was a Whale, so I would go with the Guzzler link I sent with the appropriate hose size.

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
Thanks for the info. I'm confused - is this pump supposed to be for emergency bilge pump, or is it for emptying the holding tank?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That looks like a manual bilge pump. I have a similar one on my boat. I replace the diaphragm this past summer. Works great. 15 pumps equals 3.5 gallons once primed

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I replaced my Whale manual bilge earlier this year on my H31. I think it may have been original equipment. Sounds like mine is located In the same spot. I was able to use the same hole but had to make an alternate mounting arrangement because even though it was the same brand, same GPM, they had changed it enough that it was not a direct replacement. I did take the opportunity to replace the hose while I was at it.

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
thanks! I still think mine may be the manual holding tank pump and not a bilge pump.. see attached pic from the manual. looks like there is a "hand operated discharge pump". can anyone with a 29.5 confirm this?

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Elie,
If it is a way for you to pump your "Holding Tank" you'll need to lock it and not use it inside the 3 mile limit. Pumping waste overboard is a big no no for the Coast Guard and the EPA. Not to mention the California government folks who will inspect your boat if they think you are pumping waste into "their" water.

Twille

Oct 8, 2012
Hunter 38 Henderson, nc
There are two on your 29.5 one in the starboard lazerette with the battery stuff that is for pumping you're waste tank when you are out side the legal limit (handle in the Lazerette) The one on the port withe the handle port through the seat is your backup bilge pump. They are very easy to rebuild once you have them out.

Elie

Dec 15, 2015
Thanks Twille,
I was able to rebuild the starboard holding tank pump. But I don't think i have the back up pump on the port side. Maybe it was added later on your boat?

Twille

Oct 8, 2012
Hunter 38 Henderson, nc
Look in the port laz look down and then towards the center of the boat it's tucked under the lip/hinge area of the gull wing hatch. The handle port is in the pass way.