Hull indentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sailingpikes

We have a Legend 356 built in the UK in 2003. On hauling out recently we found an indentation of about 3" in the hull under the shower tray about 4ft x3 ft. We contacted Petersopal who gave the impression that this problem had occurred on other Hunter boats. They are confident that there is no structural damage and will rectify the problem under warranty. It would appear that there is no room for a stringer under the shower tray and there is a danger of the hull "popping in". Has anybody else had this problem?

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
Not sure who Petersopal is...

..but I would surely get in contact with the factory regarding this. Hull indentation is not something to be taken lightly. I would want an explanation and the situation remedied.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 376 Warsash, England --
Contact

Sailingspikes, If you are a member of the Legend Owners Association I suggest you contact Paul Benstead of the Association. I believe he had his fixed under warranty.

I

Ivan Bekey

Happened to mine

The same thing happened to my 2002 356 after 2 years in the water. The dealer acqnowledged that there is insufficient support in that area and that it has happened to other boats, and he added some internal stiffening fiberglass under the shower pan. Repair is invisible. Problem solved. Cost nothing except aggravation and trip to dealer as Hunter paid all. Recommend you contact dealer and/or Hunter--even if warranty is over--as they usually will fix such things because of the bad PR if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.