how to post a photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2006
Oday 20 Seneca Lake
i wanted to post a photo but i can not get this to work. i do not have norton virus protection but do have symantec. i have tried everything i know to do but just come up with a red x in the thumbnail photo.

C

Chuck R

See if this helps

Drag a photo onto your desktop, IT NEEDS TO BE A JPEG PHOTO

1. Check box (I have a photo to post)

2.In the write box ( write some text about the photo)

3.click on ( submit response box)

4. next screen click on ( Browse button in the please upload box )
choose the photo on your desk top by clicking that photo,, it will appear on the browse line.

5. then click ( on the upload buttom )

Waite a while

6. Once photo appears on the screen click on (click here to finish )

You should now be good to go.

Good Luck !

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Another way

First you need to select the "I have a photo to post with Etc.
Then you click on "Browse Photos" and go where you have the picture stored, whether it be "My Pictures" or your Flash Drive for instance. Then click "Open" when you see the picture that you want. Before you upload the picture, you'll need to shut off the email scanning first, then you can click on to the "Upload Picture."

If you have email scanning you need to click on to Symantec, and shut down the incoming and outgoing email scanning before you upload. If the picture doesn't upload; Copy your text on to "Note Pad" or MS Word, and delete the post and try again by pasting the text back in the new post. It's always a good idea to copy the text just in case this site crashes on you during the picture upload.

Sep 20, 2006
Oday 20 Seneca Lake
what is this?

this was given to me. i have no idea what it is other than it goes to a sailboat. can someone tell me what it is and what boat it might havecome from?

C

Chuck R

Good,,,,, Lord

I can now see you are trying,,,,, Keep going,,,, you will finally get it... Don't know what'cha got but I feel we will see it soon.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Ask Commodore Herring if

Ask the boss of this forum, Commodore Herring if the picture has to be in a special format. For example, JPG is different from jpg, bin, jif, tif, et al.

Ed K

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 25 pittsburgh
Lord Nelson, click my avatar, and send it to me via

e-mail and I will try to post it.
r.w.landau

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Here's a site that is very useful

A friend of mine gave me this site and I've found it very useful for shrinking pictures. Check it out.
Joe

Sep 20, 2006
Oday 20 Seneca Lake
finally got it

i tried everything dealing with anti virus and firewall i could think of. i finally was able to compress the photo and it works. thanks for all the suggestions.

C

Chuck R

Hooray !!!

Lord Nelson,,

I can now feel your joy !! I'm happy for you.,,,,,,,

So where is the pix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.