Going for Forty-Seven Nights on the Hook in 2016

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
By New Year's Eve we could make 47 nights on the hook in 2016, mostly anchored at the California Channel Islands, including Santa Catalina Island. Will start counting again on New Year's Day for 2017; the best way to begin it! :biggrin: Holiday happiness to all!:yeah:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats to your mission to spend time in a most enjoyable manner. May 2017 expand your accomplishment.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
KG, well done. I used to frequent the same few anchorages back in California. Didn't matter, 'cuz was still on the boat. And "they" weren't....:) Of course, except for the Delta, there simply weren't too many anchorages on SF Bay, but I made the most of it. Different story up here, this darned thing called winter, and snow...:)

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
It's 67 deg F here; warmish NE wind arriving at about 10 kt. Brief sprinkle this morning; partly cloudy now. Overall, nice winter's morning. Can hear the sea calling.:biggrin:

Jul 20, 2005
Whitby 55 Kemah, Tx
You did a lot better than me this year. Pretty sad when I spent more days on the hard than on anchor.

It is 85 deg here with no wind and lots of rain here. I've spent 50 days at sea, 178 days on a mooring, 35 days on the hard and 22 days on anchor and the rest in a marina. Tomorrow I'm off to a new anchorage till the end of the year so that has my spirits up a bit. Next year is going to be a bit interesting as I hit Samoa, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, and Australia. I hope most of that is on anchor and my new crew likes it at sea :)

Attachments

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Turns out my formula used the wrong Excel column to sum nights "on the hook" in 2016.:redface: Here's the final tally:biggrin:.

Nights anchored and moored (ball) was 34 + 3 = 37.
Nights in a slip away from home was 3.
Day anchors for at least an hour was 4.
So, the all inclusive account makes 44 "sorties" from the slip to destinations.
No time on the hard in 2016.