Flooding in Louisiana and more

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
This is always a sad and deadly thing that can ruin peoples lives and personal treasures.:(
Lets all hope that many of our members in the New Orleans area like @BigEasy , @kloudie1 and many more are SAFE and that their landlubber homes and possessions safe and dry.
This low pressure center is perfectly positioned and stalled with a minor westward movement toward East Texas.

In essence it is a "Bucket Brigade" evaporating warm Gulf Water and passing it north to Louisiana and dumping it, continuously.:yikes:

It is doing what a Hurricane would do without the devastating storm surge and high winds.

The low pressure system NEEDS to move ashore or just MOVE!:mad:
Jim...

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Jim,
Thanks for the concerns. Slidell was mostly unaffected by this low pressure system. Of course we had about three days of intermittent rain; however, it was mostly light and didn't cause any flooding in my immediate area. Unfortunately for many who were only 60 miles NW of my location, rainfall was significant causing rivers & streams to exceed flood stage. Consequently, many homes and businesses were flooded. Some rivers will crest by tomorrow, so they are not "out of the woods" yet. Some of these folks were flooded earlier in the Spring and are now experiencing flooding again. Ironically,
many of these people had never flooded and now they are experiencing two events within five months.
Yesterday in Slidell, the weather was actually pleasant, overcast skies with south wind appx 10-15, and somewhat cooler temps with lower humidity. Managed to clean the deck on the boat and do a few other chores. I really should have gone sailing as conditions were much more tolerable than it has been throughout the summer.