Favorite sailing pic!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
image.jpeg
At the request of Captain Ralph Johnstone, I am posting this image with his incredibly kind response in an unrelated thread. Thanks Ralph, you have been commensurately "Liked"!!!!

Pitcher Pond, Lincolnville, Maine, August 2016

Ralph's comment:

BlowMeAway ..................... get that picture over to favorite sailing pics
This is one of those photos where you can feel your pulse slow down and your whole body relax as you're looking at it. Post card quality.
What an idyllic location and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

T_Cat

Aug 8, 2014
Catalina 22 1987 New Design. 14133 "LadyHawke" Modesto CA
View attachment 127119 At the request of Captain Ralph Johnstone, I am posting this image with his incredibly kind response in an unrelated thread. Thanks Ralph, you have been commensurately "Liked"!!!!

Pitcher Pond, Lincolnville, Maine, August 2016

Ralph's comment:

BlowMeAway ..................... get that picture over to favorite sailing pics
This is one of those photos where you can feel your pulse slow down and your whole body relax as you're looking at it. Post card quality.
What an idyllic location and thanks for sharing.
Agreed. Just beautiful

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Had a stormy sail this afternoon. Winds very gusty...from 10kts to 25 kts as each squall passed through.
But sailed 20nm in a little over 3 hours !

!IMG_0896.PNGIMG_0884.JPG

Greg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I use iSailGPS on my iPhone / iPad.
http://isailgps.com
it uses free NOAA maps, has a Windows and Mac PC version for charting route, etc.

This is a screenshot of the speed tracking.
IMG_0897.PNG

Greg

JSumme

Jul 21, 2015
Marlow-Hunter e33 Alexandria
My daughter took this photo sailing in toward the Washington Sailing Marina on the Potomac near National Airport in June of 2015 after a great day of sailing. You can see the Washington Monument in the background.

Attachments

Oct 26, 2014
Pearson Triton Edgewood Yacht Club
Sailing Alli-Ann in very light air at the Edgewood Yacht Club, Cranston R.I.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wandering down the dock after a great dinner in Langley, WA, I smiled seeing my boat in the after glow of sunset coming down the Saratoga Passage.
S-V Hadley at Langley before sunset.JPG
Sunset on Saratoga Passage.JPG

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Wandering down the dock after a great dinner in Langley, WA, I smiled seeing my boat in the after glow of sunset coming down the Saratoga Passage.
View attachment 127256
View attachment 127257
Hi John, one of my most favorite docking spots. Also, a very nice anchoring spot just outside the marina entrance.

Several years ago the admiral and I did a night sail home on our first boat, heading south down Saratoga into Port Gardner. The lights of Everett with a full moon lit night were breathtaking. We were standing on the foredeck while auto was piloting the boat. No pic, though.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes Terry. I've come to enjoy night sailing on the Saratoga Passage and Possession Sound. The Naval base has pleanty of lights to guide you home, but when I turn to the west the sunsets are great and the dark islands in moonlight are very peaceful.