Custom or factory option...

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Looks like someones handy work. The galley looks like they salvaged the drawer from a factory slideout galley, and the original factory table has some pretty nice modification by a previous owner. During the hey-days of the original version of the C-22, Catalina had two factories turning out 4-6 boats a day, they didn't have time for options....

Now, we'll need to see some more photos of the boat!

Don

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
Those are some nicely executed mods by a previous owner. Definitely not factory but we're it my boat the mods would probably stay.

Score!

C22BC

Jan 22, 2015
Catalina 25 Harrison lake
Interesting , the table seems to work very well , every once on a while I forget to put it down when we're underway and its very solid , along with the teak bow sprit and the teak box in the stern it seems to have its own character .

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
Interesting , the table seems to work very well , every once on a while I forget to put it down when we're underway and its very solid , along with the teak bow sprit and the teak box in the stern it seems to have its own character .
Bowsprit? Teak box??????

More pics please. Sounds interesting.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Nice mod to the table. The galley box is pine hat has been stained to match, and a very close match on the color. I'd like to see the other mods and more of the boat as well.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Can the fold down table still be used for bunk conversion, or do you have a separate board?

C22BC

Jan 22, 2015
No ,it swings up on hinges I have 3 pieces of 3/4 inch ply that store snug against the porta potti box when not in use .

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I've seen a table mod like that before, although not done as well as yours. The galley setup is very nice, room for a stove beside the sink, I like it. I guess the only possible downside is, the V berth is the only place to sleep?

I'm loving the bowsprit! It looks solid as a battering ram! Am I fantasizing, or does the anchor rode go down a hawse pipe into a locker down below??

One thing is for sure, somebody must have loved that boat. That's always a good thing. :)

More pics!

C22BC

Jan 22, 2015
The boat came with 3 pieces of 3/4 ply that fit for the bed , they store out of the way under the v berth and work well . The bow sprit is solid ( 2" of teak ) the anchor rode goes down into the bow , I just laid it out on the dock at the beginning of the summer there's about 8' of Bronze chain with a 160' of marked rode .

Attachments

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
There was a hawse pipe in the bow of my boat too where the rode was stored and I think its a pretty bad idea for the older C-22's. There is no drainage up there so the wet rode is what caused the mold problem up forward, there was more mold back aft from other dampness too. I took off the hawse pipe and sealed up the deck with marine plywood and epoxy, you can't tell it was ever there. I'm going to store my chain and line rodes in separate mesh bags and keep them on deck until dry then stow them under the cockpit. No moisture in the bow, no mold.

The boat came with 3 pieces of 3/4 ply that fit for the bed , they store out of the way under the v berth and work well . The bow sprit is solid ( 2" of teak ) the anchor rode goes down into the bow , I just laid it out on the dock at the beginning of the summer there's about 8' of Bronze chain with a 160' of marked rode .

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
No ,it swings up on hinges I have 3 pieces of 3/4 inch ply that store snug against the porta potti box when not in use .
I like it! My C27 dinette is similar and this modification could make for more casual seating.... Thanks for the idea.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida

Fantastic. You were very lucky to find and buy that boat. BRONZE chain?? Yeah ... that boat was loved.

So, how about that anchor rode storage? Where does the excess water go? Something tells me the PO had a system worked out. :)

I see what looks like two through-hulls on the port side just below the rubrail. What's up with them?

C22BC

Jan 22, 2015
Fantastic. You were very lucky to find and buy that boat. BRONZE chain?? Yeah ... that boat was loved. So, how about that anchor rode storage? Where does the excess water go? Something tells me the PO had a system worked out. :) I see what looks like two through-hulls on the port side just below the rubrail. What's up with them?
Not sure about the moisture in the anchor storage , haven't deployed the anchor yet the compartment was spotless when I emptied it. As far as the thru hulls go I think the larger white plastic on towards the stern is for the manual bilge centre cockpit , the hose is 2 inch , I think. The mid ships is a small Chrome one not sure about that. I did not realize there was any difference in these vessels vessels until I started getting into them . I have been wondering if one of those fancy anchors like you have would fit on the bow sprit.