Change of Tank size

Aug 26, 2012
Hunter Hunter 27 St-Blaise-sur-Richelieu
I have a Hunter 27, 2012 and I would like to know if it is possible to change the drinkable water tank size and the black water tank? If so what do I need? :what:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
:biggrin:Time and money. They are the common denominators for DIY projects. With both sure it is possible.

You also will not want to confuse the hoses when installing the new tanks.

Posting pictures are always helpful when asking for help. Have you considered the locations of these tanks. Will your new size fit? Why the change?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I have a Hunter 27, 2012 and I would like to know if it is possible to change the drinkable water tank size and the black water tank? If so what do I need? :what:
First we need a few details about why you want to do this...What sizes are the tanks now? How much thought you've given to tank locations--whether you'll need to find a bigger space or there's room for larger tanks in their existing locations, new plumbing runs for both systems, what else you might have to move. If, after you've gone through all that and still think you want to do this, your best source for new tanks is Ronco Plastics catalog Ronco Plastics Marine Catalog They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and has more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular (which means you might be able to fit a larger one in the same space), and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Easy-Peasy if you want smaller tanks, otherwise not usually easily as Peggie has written, most common for people to try to add an additional tank somewhere. Also, water weighs about 8.5 lbs. /gallon so larger boats usually use multiple tanks to fit small spaces and help you keep things halfway balanced.