Cabin Sole boards stuck

Jan 19, 2017
Hunter35 35 legend -1988 Canyou Lake
I an looking at a 35 legend. It has been partial sunken in its slip, fresh water
The engine has been professionally pickled. I have most of it figured out except the floor.
The sole boards in the main salon are stuck and I cannot get them up. They seem to be swollen and there is no gap at the edges. I cannot get to bilge to inspect or replace bilge pump.
Have has sailboats for 30 years never seen this before.
I would like some feedback from a Hunter owner?
Also anything else unique to this boat I should look for.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Well they have to come up; they are either salvageable or not but they will need to be inspected. I would drill a couple of holes small enough just to allow either "L" shaped hooks or anchor bolts to get through and provide a handle assembly to pull up on them. Only if necessary would I introduce a lubricant. Try soap and water first. If the wood is sound but the swelling will not go down then it could be sanded around the edge. How is the veneer? Perhaps it could be reused if the boards would need a partial rebuild.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Try tapping the edges wit a rubber mallet to see if the impact will break the hold and get the board to start moving so it could be perhaps pried up.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I would go for the hole about 1 inch in diameter at one end of the board and nicely beveled that will be an asset forever to lift the board up. The other ideas can be applied at the same time.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
i think the removeable boards already have holes. the rest glued down.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="Apex, ...i think the removeable boards already have holes. the rest glued down.[/QUOTE]

Put a shop vac on the blow port and pump it in those holes and maybe pop them loose.

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
I second the air idea or maybe air compressor air is a powerful thing maybe stand clear of board
Also a heat gun or hair dryer to directly dry boards maybe even space heater just sitting on floor like normal drying air to dry boards but not over night

May 21, 2009
Hunter 30 Smithfield, VA
Can you close up the boat and put an electric heater inside? Heat may dehumidify the boat and shrink the boards. Probably take a few days.