Anyone else get out for a New Year's Day Sail?

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
I wish. The boat is tarped and winterized in the yard. I kept the kayaks out in case my son & I want to go for a New Year's paddle. Although it was a balmy 35 degrees, it was blowing about 30 knots out of the SE so even that didn't happen. Happy New Year everyone.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Didn't get to sail, Boat is on the hard, winterized on stands, but I did go sit on it under the winter cover and made wind noises.........

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
Me, Wife, and Dog went sailing. No pics. Hit hull speed the moment we put up the sails. Wind came down a bit in the afternoon, we came back in at 5ish kts.

It was _cold_ in socal. But it was a fun sail. Only 2nd time taking Dog.

Alctel

Dec 13, 2013
Hunter 36 Victoria
Managed to last year, this year it was blowing 35 knots, raining and 2c degrees. No thanks!

Dec 28, 2010
Catalina 380 san pedro
The Admiral and I got out for a couple of hours New Years day. Not much wind but heh we were out on the boat with the sails up.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Our club did a New Years Eve raft up, but we decided to sail earlier, and the wind and waves picked up forcing us to return on the inside (ICW) We did not get back until after midnight. Still, we had some Champagne on the water, and cruised by a lot of happening parties on the way back.