2016 Trophy Picture

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
As WYC we get to choose from professionally taken pictures for our Trophy frame.
This year we had 45 of BlueJ to choose from. Here are some of the more interesting.

All Images (c)Copyright Dallas Johnson Photography

Nov 8, 2010
I like the full Spinnaker shot the best, but the last pic has the best shot of you in it @Jackdaw
That's the one we will probably use. Jodi drove in the Woman's Buoy Cup.. Her first time driving in a race.

Nov 8, 2010
4th one down. Best. Sail trim. Ever.
;^)

That was a sporty day; 14-20 with huge shifts. On days like that, the club photographers like to shoot from just below the leeward mark, because they know that's where the action will be when the kites have to come down! On BlueJ we drop the pole, fly the kite pole-less for a few seconds until we are at the perfect position to pull out the jib and take the kite down to windward. Right before that picture was taken, the wind went WAY far forward in a puff and the kite got cattywampus. No big deal; kinda typical when the pole is gone. It actually can help taking the spin down. But a few seconds later the wind went aft again and it refilled. Then we pulled it down and rounded the mark!

This image was taken a few seconds after than one. Think we won this race.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
#1 Sunday cruise? blurring in background
#2 Sunday cruise II (nice wall hanger photo, and my second choice)
#3 Too hectic
#4 Too hectic II
#5 Nice shot, but low lighting and no competitors in view
#6 Captures race action well - my personal favorite
#7 Yawn
#8 What race? very nice photo however

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
But you're buying all of them, yes?

(Support your local photographer.)

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Make sure he removes his watermark and you get the Copyright Release. Agree, nice photos.