New Boat

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Hey Everyone,

Good afternoon! I've been gone for a while due to the preparation and taking place of our Sea Scout Spring Long Cruise in Galveston; needless to say, it went very well! While we were at the event, I received a notification from a fellow ship of ours, Ship 1996, who had just gotten a new boat donated to them for free. When they sent the picture, I was, to say the least, a bit jealous:
upload_2018-3-19_13-32-5.png

So after seeing that she was one of Hunter's faster models, I quickly replied to the Skipper of 1996, Skipper Crowl, and told him that I might be dual-registering with them, as well as Ship 45 in Galveston who has a J-34 and a Ranger 28...it looks like Sea Scouts might have a spot in racing in the Gulf pretty soon!

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Congratulations! Sounds like you are at the point of an excellent organization bringing sailing to youth! Enjoy the new boat.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Having grown up on the Gulf coast of Florida, I never thought of Texas as a sailing Meca. It turns out, Texas is on the frontlines of the US sailing community. That is a fantastic organization you are a part of, Simon.
As a member of the Mariner Class Association, I was surprised to discover that Connecticut, Florida, Upstate NY and Texas are the big centers for the O'Day Mariner 19. They are across the country, of course, but the strongest fleets seem to be in Connecticut and Texas.

Thanks for the report on your organization and your own activities, Simon. I always enjoy reading your posts.

-Will (Dragonfly)