C-22 Replacement Rub Rail

Dec 12, 2017
Catalina C-22 NOLA
Recently started a new project with a C-22 and am in the process of tracking down a new rub rail; the insert and track. I spoke with a rep at CatalinaDirect.com, who informed me the narrow railing is no longer in production and the warehouse is out of stock.

After some research into finding a 15/16" replacement, I've turned up no results with the same track design.

Has anyone had any experience with replacement tracks and inserts that will fit a C-22? Taco Marine has a myriad of options, but I am uncertain of which will fit appropriately. Ideally, I am looking to replace with an anodized aluminum track, but am open to alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 12, 2017
Catalina C-22 NOLA
That keeper is really close to what I'm looking for, but is still a bit off in both design and size. Thanks for the info though Dave!

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear CD is out of the old style rub rail replacements but there have been some that have upgraded to the new style. @CloudDiver is one that comes to mind. He has a lengthy restoration thread on this forum explaining the replacement but due to a picture hosting issue all his well detailed pictures have disappeared. Perhaps you could send him a PM and he could send you the pictures of what he did. I believe though the newer rails require filling all the screw holes from the old ones and then redrilling for the new track but don't quote me on that as I have not yet had the pleasure of that project as of yet.

Another place to search for information on this is the C22 association site in their forum as well as in the Tech manual. I hope that provides at least some help. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in here soon.