TOAD Marine problems anyone?

Aug 22, 2005
- - Lake City, SC
Hello all,
I ordered over $300 worth of Yanmar parts from TOAD about 10 days ago off of their website. No email confirmation, no tracking number from TOAD Marine and no email response from my inquiry to customer service. The customer service number is bogus no one ever picks up and the main number goes to automated service and then voicemail when I select operator. Luckily I ordered through PayPal so if I don't hear something soon I guess I'll request a refund through them. I really need the parts though and the website seems legit. I guess they are in good standing with PayPal. Just wondering if anyone knows more than I do.

Thanks, Charles.

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Select the sales or "to place an order" dept instead.
I don't know for certain about TOAD, but sales departments are the most likely to answer.
Then start asking questions.
Or call Torresen: 231-759-8596.

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
I've quit buying from them, wasn't happy with the lack of communications on an order I placed and the web site has become a sprawling mess at this point.

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
Have ordered from them off and on for years. Mostly filters. Never a problem.

Aug 22, 2005
- - Lake City, SC
Hey guys.
Thanks for all the quick responses. I just got a call back and in my voicemail he said that the I&E valves and the head nuts are on backorder. ETA to him next week so hopefully I'll get them soon after. Yeah not real pleased with the lack of communication. Now I need to order a few more parts. I may need to order from somewhere else even if I pay a little more.
Thanks again, Charles

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
I've ordered from them for three years with yearly Yanmar maintenance items and always received rapidly. You're right in that it feels like your dealing with a robot online. Are there any other places to ordered Yanmar parts in the midwest?

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
No problems other than shipping prices on small gaskets sent in a padded envelope. And I agree lack of communication on status.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
I was looking for a certain boat part I had previously ordered from torrensen. a certain manufacturer's rep at the annapolis boat show said torrensen has sold out to TOAD and their customer service has gone to h%^**. he stated that i should source my parts from someone else if i hoped to actually receive them. i now order my yan mar parts from the yan mar gold dealer in MA, who has a parts manager who actually returns my phone calls- unlike TOAD f/k/a torrensen.

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Two recent orders were difficult to place. Upon contacting the company (once by phone and once by email) I was told that "they were having a problem with the website". There was also a heads-up concerning anyone who had ordered from them in the past. I could not sign in to my account. Following reset help from a person at TOAD I was able to place the orders, and the items arrived as expected. Small engine filters, O rings, and such were what I ordered, so they were not large dollar orders. I was OK with the process and costs, and I accepted the explanation of website difficulty.