Hot water heater

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
I replaced my mixing valve on the hot water tank and was wondering how to get all the air out of the tank. The tank sits sideways and the intake and out flow is straight across from each other. Does the intake need to be on the bottom and the outflow be on the top? Otherwise I would think that the tank would only fill up halfway

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Does it have an over pressure valve? Open it until the air is mostly gone. Also small amounts of air won't hurt except to make your tap spit.

Ken

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
It does have a pressure release valve about 9 inches away on the cold water intake side

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
South Paw, I took a very controversial path to dealing with air in the system.

I filled the water tank, opened the hot water faucet. Turned on the pump. Then forced the air out of the hot water tank by forcing water in. Once The air had been expelled, I had my 210 pound crew member stand on the gunnel holding the shroud and rock the boat up and down:yikes: while continuing to pump water through the hot water system.
There were a few spurts then only water.
I was questioned by several dock observers about my treatment of my crew. I said it was better than being keel hauled...:liar:

It worked and we have not had an issue with hot water.:laugh: