Furler lubrication

Apr 17, 2016
Hallberg Rassy HR38 Sitges
Dear all,
Recently I had some troubles when furling or unfurling my large genoa. One of the solutions may be lubricating the halyard swivel. Do you know if I can use something better than water and soap? An additional work could be increasing the angle between the halyard and the stay so it woudl be more difficult that halyard wraps it.
Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Thank you!

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
get the furler install manual for your brand. if it was professionally installed by HR , it's likely that the angle was correct . if it's a self- install it may be worth it to check the halyard angle. manufacturers such as Furlex and Profurl have manuals on the web that you can look at to get an idea of the install issues. furler bases also require periodic lubrication of the bearings. there are usually grease holes on the base to do this. your problem may be a lack of grease on the base unit bearings. if the base does not turn correctly the top may have halyard wrap.(Estoy mucho triste ahora de Barcelona y a los pobres personas que son muertes. me gusto mucho a visitar en Barcelona for los Olympics y en el campo, en 1990 s. )