Furler Model - Luff Tape Size

Nov 17, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Cherubini Bayfield, WI
Hunter Cherubini 37.5, 1980. Had a 2nd hand Harken (series L300?) unit installed, have to get new rope bolt sewn to jib (old one too big @ 1/4" apx.). Smallish foil slot .103 inch wide. What size for the rope bolt? Looks like #6 would work, want to be sure @ $12.00 a foot charges to change it.
Boat is 220 miles away, wanted to get this done before I go back up to it Friday.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Bacons now uses inch-sizes, not the # system.
The number system has always been 32s of an inch.

I.e., a size 6 tape is 6/32 inch

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Cherubini Bayfield, WI
I love replies like this, you know, corrections without solutions... FYI, I called HARKEN earlier today and left the same message with their voice mail. A return call on my voice mail from them stated: Your furler is a #1 series, therefore it would use a #6 rope bolt, all HARKEN furlers in this size range use #6. I saved the voice mail if anyone wants to listen to it.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Sorry we couldn't be more helpful..... Although I'm not sure what you expected.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I love replies like this, you know, corrections without solutions... FYI, I called HARKEN earlier today and left the same message with their voice mail. A return call on my voice mail from them stated: Your furler is a #1 series, therefore it would use a #6 rope bolt, all HARKEN furlers in this size range use #6. I saved the voice mail if anyone wants to listen to it.
OK you're not here a lot. But this is kinda how this place works. So deal with it. :)