Mast support post length

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
GDTU all!

Would some kind soul kindly measure the length of their pole, erm... their mast support post and then enter it into this thread.

I need to make a new one and have noticed that since removing the old one the coach roof has sagged down fairly significantly. Need to put a new one in but don't really want to guestimate a length.

taa muchly in advance :)

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Hi Guys

Any feedback on this one? Did anyone manage to check out their boats mast support post length?

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
Hi Guys

Any feedback on this one? Did anyone manage to check out their boats mast support post length?
Man I forgot. I was gonna do it for you. I'll be back home tomorrow, if you don't have a measurement by then I'll get it.

greg_m

May 23, 2017
32 inches... yoh, he's the man! How does everyone else compare?

Many thanks for this as it really helps me here where there is actually zero in way of local support. :plus:

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
Uh oh... just measured mine and it's 31 1/4"
This is probably gonna be like a lot of other things on these old Catalina's. Results might be all over the place....

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Uh oh... just measured mine and it's 31 1/4"
This is probably gonna be like a lot of other things on these old Catalina's. Results might be all over the place....
Hey dzl... you only got 31 1/4 inches... shame man ;)

I will have to jack the roof up inside my boat and make it 32 1/4 inches :laugh:

Anyways, many thanks as at least now I have some info to work with. Going see what the current distance is on my boat tonight and check what the difference is with above numbers.

Rgrds, Greg

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Hi dzl and fellow 22' owners

I can confirm that the mast support post height inside my boat allows for 800mm length which translates to around 31 1/2 inches in Americanese ;)

Our British friends from across the pond have also indicated around 803mm to be precise!

So again many thanks for the very helpful information. :clap: