New Wet Cell Battery Caps

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
After 3.8 yrs of abuse by me, we changed our 4D dual bank 12VDC Lead Acid, Wet Cell house batteries.

Of course the picture on the online sales model was different than my store pick up with the right model number.:rolleyes:

The "Core Credit" battery exchange was... lets say... :cuss:.

After making sure the new batteries were correct size and model, I noticed these new, to me, cell maintenance access caps...

NewBatt.JPG

I asked the service people and got a "We don't know." I have asked a few people and got the same response.
_______
Where is the cell vent?
_______

That tiny circle (next to the pocket Quarter slot) may be the vent. but it has to have a labyrinth seal, if thats it.

Anyone familiar with this type cap design?
Jim...

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
If it is a 12 volt, are there 6 of those "Quarter slot" caps? I think that's it. Have you tried to unscrew one?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I've seen then and had similar thoughts, but as I didn't own one, I didn't pursue it.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
If it is a 12 volt, are there 6 of those "Quarter slot" caps? I think that's it. Have you tried to unscrew one?
On second thought I think the caps are just for filling and are non-venting. I think the venting is all routed to that little rectangular nipple you see in the far right side of the photo which is what you were thinking in the first place.