Tracks for hanging curtains? If so, what hangers?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I have these tracks (pictured) that run the length of my main salon (1983 H31) above the windows. Am I correct in assuming they hold some kind of sliding hardware that is used to hold up curtains for the portlights?

If so, where do I get the sliding hanger hardware? The admiral want her curtains up.

If these tracks are not for curtain hangers, what are they for?

0910161749[1].jpg 1211161544[1].jpg 1211161544a[1].jpg

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Those are definitely curtain slides. I remember installing some like that in 1979 inside my Spirit 23 sailboat. The slider looks like a mini-sail slug.. a little loop sticks through the slot. Ya sew the curtain to the loop.. I don't know if they are still available, but search around Sailrite and ya might find something.. There really needs to be a bottom set as well, otherwise the curtains hang vertically away from the slanted cabin sides and look kinda strange.
EDIT: I think these are the ones.. http://www.easternmarine.com/sliding-eye-curtain-carrier-type-c-14-pack-81305

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Our C22 has tracks very similar to those. The Albin Vega has skinny little aluminum rods (for which I will soon need new mounts).

Not sure where to buy these things, but I have a feeling an RV supply website might be where I'd look first.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
I looked at the sailrite site, and got excited about a particular item, but the part that goes into the slide is 0.2 inches in one dimension, which is about 5 mm. That looks huge (on a ruler) compared to the gap in the slide. I'll call tomorrow to ask about whether that section of the part is round, or slimmer in another dimension.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
go to any RV sales/parts store.. they will have the sliders, or will be able to get the size/style you need.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I have these tracks (pictured) that run the length of my main salon (1983 H31) above the windows. Am I correct in assuming they hold some kind of sliding hardware that is used to hold up curtains for the portlights?

If so, where do I get the sliding hanger hardware? The admiral want her curtains up.

If these tracks are not for curtain hangers, what are they for?

View attachment 131816 View attachment 131817 View attachment 131818
Ray, those are indeed curtain tracks. I have them on my '83, the ones posted by Kloudie look like the ones I have. My boat is at the yard getting a botttom job right now, but I can send pictures next week if that's helpful.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Mike, do you have the sliding hangers? If so, a picture, with something for scale (maybe a coin) would be most helpful.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
Mike, do you have the sliding hangers? If so, a picture, with something for scale (maybe a coin) would be most helpful.
Ray, here are some pictures. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
My boat came with curtains (nice ones). I then visited a sister ship without them and realized how much smaller they made the cabin. They are now in storage. I use external window covers; they protect the glass, keep the sun out, and keep the cabin cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Just sayin', you may be better off without them. I am.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
My boat came with curtains (nice ones). I then visited a sister ship without them and realized how much smaller they made the cabin. They are now in storage. I use external window covers; they protect the glass, keep the sun out, and keep the cabin cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Just sayin', you may be better off without them. I am.
@thinwater - I'd love some more information on this idea, and sent you a PM.