1981 S2 8.0B - Columbus Ohio - Totalling Out

Dec 20, 2016
Kirby 25 ACSA
It's a sad, sad day, but, I've decided to total out my S2 8.0. I'm in Columbus, Ohio and will be breaking her down and taking her to the dump. If anyone is looking for spare parts, let me know. I can sell for dirt cheap or maybe even give away some things. When I inherited her the deck was soft so, after a few years of using her as a floating swimming/ party barge on the little lake we have here, I've decided it's time to let her go and get a race boat of my own. I've been racing on a Kirby 25 for 11 years now. She has an OMC Zephyr SailDrive engine. North Sails are in great shape for not knowing how old they are. I have a Main, #1, #2 and a storm jib. The mast, boom and rudder/tiller are all available. I am however selling the cradle if you're interested. That is still worth something. I'm too not interested in shipping, so if you're interested in something, let me know and you can pick it up, or if the need is there and you can't pick it up, I can charge you shipping/handling charges. I will try to get a complete inventory list up here soon. Thanks! Carin

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Lets talk about the sails. Either PM me here or email me rickssolar at gmail. You know what "at" means.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Remember you can post gear for sale in the classifieds section here on SBO too.

Jun 25, 2017
S2 8.0 Ut
Is your S2 8.0B still available? I need all four side Windows. I may also be interested in the sails. I am in Utah so would require shipping. If parts are available please reply with price. What would you want for the whole boat? Thanks. Jeff

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I think this was a one time poster. He never got back with me. Where in Utah are you sailing?

Jun 25, 2017
S2 8.0 Ut
I have a '76 S2 8.0 named Popsicle. I have a grand total of about 1.5 hours sailing on Hobie Cat 18. I'm restoring the S2 and plan to learn to sail on a local reservoir and then move to Flame Gorge, Bear Lake and/or The Great Salt Lake. It might be next year before the boat gets wet.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Is your boat an S2 8.0B?

I'm refurbishing a '75 S2 26 Mid, the last one built before they went to the metric system, but same as the 8.0C. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the year. Do you have a blog of your ongoing work? I need to update our blog as I'm getting a few things done even in 115 heat. http://thisoldpieceofshit.blogspot.com/

We really enjoyed Bear Lake for a week in Sept. of 2015 with our O'Day 23. My wife has pointed out that the O'Day needs to be sold before I spend big money (sails, running and standing rigging, interior cushions) on the S2. Good Luck on the project and keep us posted on the progress.

Jun 25, 2017
S2 8.0 Ut
Yes its a "B". I tried making a video of my restoration but decided I am not a videographer. Or blogger for that matter. 115 heat?? You must be in Phoenix. I have son living down there, I think he's still stuck in the melted asphalt. Good to talk to you and good luck with your project