04'-06' Hunter 25

Jul 27, 2010
Hunter 240 Saratoga
Trying to get some info on these boats before I travel to go look at one. I had a 240 and wondered if it's basically the same setup re the WB and Centerboard. Any other info would be great.
Cheers,
Tom

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Updated. I looked at the ad for the used Hunter 25, 2006 model and it looks to be in good shape with a lot of amenities as tom had requested. I did call him back and left my number to call me if there were any additional questions. Twalker H260 was helpful to help Tom as well which I want to thank him. Since I did not hear back from Tom, I assume he has enough information now.

The Hunter 260 production ceased due to corporate decision, not Hunter as the sales department wanted to continue with the 260 as they were still selling. About that time, I dropped Hunter as a dealer momentarily due to contractual obligations on their part which during that time the 25 came out. However, I did sell my share and know the boat. I did come back on board
and was a top dealer for them. Later I retired.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Spoke with Tom last night. He saw the boat and was everything I said from what I left as a message to him the other day I called after reviewing the ad. There were a few spider cracks but he is pursing the purchase working with a broker on pricing. We did discuss pricing but that is not for discussion here. I told him too sail that boat just like the 240 he had and it will be fine. He has my phone number and may call at any time but he is not divulging that as I leave that up to me. However, I have now discarded his number as I do not keep that information nor share it. Have a great day.

Jul 27, 2010
Hunter 240 Saratoga
Update: Looked at the boat on Tuesday this past week. Bones of the boat were good, just need a really good cleaning. Running rigging and sails are original to the boat. Made an offer but it was rejected. Hopefully we will come to terms, but still on the lookout for a 240,>05' 25 or a 260.
Tom

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Update: Looked at the boat on Tuesday this past week. Bones of the boat were good, just need a really good cleaning. Running rigging and sails are original to the boat. Made an offer but it was rejected. Hopefully we will come to terms, but still on the lookout for a 240,>05' 25 or a 260.
Tom
Tom

I'm also very happy with my 26. It is the same hull as the 260 but a little different layout.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Tom;
Looked at the listing and appears to be clean but basic with no wheel steering. The 260 came in two cockpit decks screwed down with one for wheel and the other for tiller. The wheel floor and a raised mount with with extra glass in the floor so it would not flex. Motor is a Honda 9.9 what appears to be electric start but would check to make sure if it was raised after each sailing out of the water. Keep me posted sir.

Bad Obsession;
Are you leaving the boat in for the winter? Any word on Joan how she is doing. Hope all is well with your job and I can only imagine but at least a reprieve shortly coming. The H 26 and 260 masts are the same height and sails but one has the bridle wires vs. the fixed pole attachments and the 260 upgraded to a version of a B & R rig.

RGranger; It was very thoughtful to list that 260 for sale for Tom. Thank you young man. You have my appreciation for helping on the forum with your advice.