39 Hunter steel Motorsailer

Aug 23, 2016
Hunter (steel) 38 Tittusville fl
image.jpeg Looking for information on where mfg built. of a 1980 steel 39' Motorsailer 13 tons. HIN GAZ00362H707. Can someone decipher this?

Attachments

Last edited:
May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Take a look at the top right corner of the stern. You should see a series of numbers and letters that's called the hull identification number or, HIN. That will tell you the make, year, and production number of the vessel. It's all sort of in code. Post it here and someone should be able to tell you what it all means. If nothing, than maybe home built.
I, also, don't believe it is a Hunter.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Does it have a HIN ? If built to be sold in the US, the builder should have gotten a MIC (manufacturers indentification number) from Coast Guard, if it was someone building a single boat the state where built or registered will issue a HIN.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
That looks like a homemade. The cabin top could be Hunter Cherubini 37' with an added on pilot house mounted on a steel hull. How far back can you trace the title? Is it USCG registered?

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 31 and 25 and fomerly 23.5 Stockton State Park Marina; MO
Nice looking boat. Multi-chine steel construction with a pilot house. I'm not sure what it is but still thinking maybe Dutch built. There is a Hunter company in the UK I believe, but it is not affiliated with the Warren Luhrs boats of which this Forum is dedicated.
The sweep of the bow is very telling. Resembles some of the Phil Rhodes designed seafarer yachts, although I havent' found anything yet in steel with that feature.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
It appears to be a home built, definatly nothing to do with Hunter as we know it. Could be it was named Hunter, and that found it's way onto the registration. Or it's just a mistake on the listing.

Aug 23, 2016
Hunter (steel) 38 Tittusville fl
Calif.Ted. The information you provided to me with links was a awesome Help my boat is a GA Homebuilt in March/ July 07 the org owner must of been named Hunter. Thank you again for your link to this information..