Virgin Island ferries

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Can't seem to get a consistent answer. How often do ferries run from St Thomas USVI to Roadtown on Tortola? Particularly the October-November timeframe.

Thanks!

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Justin, we saw the ferries running all the time from St. Thomas....some to Soper's Hole and often also to Road Town and
to the North End....i.e. Bitter End....we have been there 9 times, but always in November..../ Thanksgiving so the November timeframe is all I can vouch fore.....(like that fore?).....you can also easily catch a flight from San Juan to Beef Island airport
at the east end of Tortola....is easier unless you are chartering out of St. Thomas vs. the BVI....had fun sailing with you folks
and Allen yesterday....what a beautiful day......there is a customs office in Soper's Hole I believe....take me with you....I'll
entertain you.....Patrick

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks Patrick. We are chartering out of Conch at Roadtown but landing in St Thomas. Our travel agency is confusing this. It's the first time they have put a package together for the BVI. One day ferry fees are included, the next they are not. The hardest part of this trip is sorting out this package!
Yesterday was fun. I hope you didn't get into trouble with the admiral!

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
The captain had called to say she would be late.....

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
When are you landing in St. Thomas and do you know which ferry service the tickets are for? You can go to BVI newbie web site and they have the ferry schedule. We will also be going out of Conch in October

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
Here as a link to the ferry company that we use. http://tortolafastferry.com/ We have 29 people and 4 boats sailing out of Conch at the beginning of December. Have paid the round trip already which includes transportation to and from the airport and Conch. I think it was $86.00 each. We got a bit better deal because of the number of people.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Great stuff. Thanks everyone. I'll compare the options to what our package says.