1976 Catalina 22 Cleaning and Refurbishing to Sail

Jun 23, 2015
Catalina 22 Vashon
I think it could be to mount a compass. Move the compass around to the best location.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
They are probably some kind of cleat as he mentioned. The two on the transom line up with the mainsheet traveler, the two forward could be for holding halyards. I'd have to see a close up picture, probably some kind of base plate for a removable cleat.

Jun 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Lake Thunderbird
They are probably some kind of cleat as he mentioned. The two on the transom line up with the mainsheet traveler, the two forward could be for holding halyards. I'd have to see a close up picture, probably some kind of base plate for a removable cleat.
That's what I was thinking. All four are identical. PO didn't have the hardware for them and didn't know what they were for.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Slowly getting things back in the cabin. Was missing the access panel on the bow bulkhead in the cabin so I decided to make one. Here's what I came up with. Wanted to make it interesting.
If that isn't a case to justify buying a scroll saw, I don't know what is. Very nice work.

Jun 15, 2016
Thanks for the compliments guys, I bought the scroll saw on clearance at Lowe's several years ago and it's been sitting in the garage not used since I bought it. I was inspired by some of the photos I've seen of other cabin interior shots and just started sketching out ideas. I dusted off my graphic design skills and went to work. It's a good feeling. Makes me want to make other nautical art. If anyone would like a template for this one just send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Jun 15, 2016
Yeah, they could be drink holder mounts. The blue plastic piece looks like it could slide right into the v shape on the mount. I think I'll buy one of those and see if it works. I looked high and low for some removable cleats that would match those mounts but couldn't find anything even close. Thanks Gene Neill.

Jun 15, 2016
Did more research. Cup holder mounts are exactly what they are. Old ones but the same thing. Now I just need to decide buy new ones or just remove and fill in. Decisions, decisions...

Jun 15, 2016
Okay, starting to prep for sailing this weekend. Don't have everything ready but I want to sail before the season is gone. Time to go have some fun. Got a friend of mine to help me raise the mast to check out the rigging. Missing some hardware but ready to adjust the shrouds to the proper tensions and break in the outboard. My neighbor stopped by and gave me a bottle of champagne to christen the boat with.
FB_IMG_1472581928351.jpg
FB_IMG_1472581921367.jpg
FB_IMG_1472581914510.jpg

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
Good luck with your maiden trip. Are you going to have help stepping the mast at the ramp also? It can be some tense moments trying to get that stick up the first couple times.