TS Fiona, Invest 99L and Invest 90L

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Tropical Storm Fiona is struggling to keep her TS status. It is on track to move North and miss USA. Double check on her about Wednesday 24th.
______
Invest 99L
The course is headed toward the lesser Antilles, but has not strengthened. This one could target Florida, but a High Pressure front passing over Central USA should force 99L further to the south and Fiona out to sea. Check back Thursday 25th.
_______
Invest 90L (don't ask me how they number them:confused:)
Has just spun off the West African coast and was expected.
This one was born further south and is looking more "Tropical" than Fiona and 99L.
Check back next weekend on 90L.
_____
The Good News....
All of this Atlantic Activity is removing heat by evaporation and the cooling rain fall.
These waters are now showing a much cooler than normal surface temperatures.:clap:

Also the upper air steering currents have been "destructive" and in essence "punching" instead of spinning the low pressure systems.:)

We should all do Storm Preparations since more Invest's are expected from Africa.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Invest 99L could bring a lot of rain to the East Coast late this week. The steady on course is turning to the NW in next few days. The Antilles might get some winds and rain as it turns.

Tropical Storm Gaston (Invest 90L) has quickly became organized. This is the most worrisome storm this season so far, but it hopefully, for USA, will follow the track of TS Fiona and be killed in mid Atlantic.
______
omg, I just got 4 calls (back to back) from my Landlubber storm followers:pray:. All over FaceBook, they published a "tracking model" called ENSEMBLE (for Invest 99L) which shows one of the pink tracks smashing into Gulf Coast Mississippi! Don't use this ever to predict storms.:doh:

This just shows an "ensemble" of historical storms that began their tracks in about the same spot at 99L (actually they began South of 99L). The one smashing the Gulf Coast of MS was Camille 1969. (shivers)
Tracking is not a "roll of the dice":badbad: The insurance people think it is.

Keep your weather eye on TS Gaston...
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Lets all hope the @capta is fairing well as Invest 99L is on top of him tonight. He was preparing in his last few posts. Max winds were 35 mph and lot of rain.

Under Tropical Storm Fiona ( means degraded by the fast moving High pressure front) now staggering from that punch, may give rains and winds to mid eastern USA. Winds 30 mph and disorganized.

Now near Hurricane status Gaston, is going to track like Fiona and head towards Mid Atlantic, hopefully flowing behind that Fiona High pressure front "puncher".

These post may seem a bit up and down, but the only real tropical storm that is getting organized is Gaston.
The other are being beat up and thus tracking is difficult.
Jim...

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Thank you Jim for the kind thoughts, but my shoe phone is on the fritz and 99 and I could not connect, thankfully. The wind has been under 5 knots and all around the clock (which is normal when a tropical depression is a near miss) and the first bit of rain began an hour ago, then stopped.
I LOVE THE INTERNET for weather.
Agent, er invest 99 may be more of a problem for the right coast dwellers in the coming days. Good luck to them.