Optimal storage in an Oday 28

Mar 1, 2016
Oday 28 Tracy's Landing
I'm looking at a long ICW journey on my 1984 ODay 28 that I just bought. I'm seeking tips on how others have used the limited space available for the 2 of us making the trip.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
We used the vee birth for sails and clothing bags, and slept on the settees. That makes for plenty of room for clothes and they're easily accessible from the shower. It's kindof a pain to make the beds every night but it seems more efficient space-wise.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
The quarter berth holds a lot. I have half the junk from my garage there. Can also store some things on deck or in the towed dingy. Are you good at traveling light? You could UPS shore clothes ahead. Hopefully some folk who have really done the trip can post what you really do or don't need to stock. The 28 is great size boat for the inside trip south of Jersey.
Are you going to make a blog of your adventure?
Good luck.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I honestly do not understand the problem. Take one duffle bag of seasonal clothes each and food and drinks for 2 days. Being in the Intra-Coastal allows you access to markets for provisions, stores for clothing and personal items, marinas for showers, maintenance and refueling and restaurants along the way. There are opportunities for Doctors, Dentists and pharmacies. Do get a cruising guide and plan your stops combining sight seeing and replenishing your stock.